This policy describes the type of information we collect, how we process and protect it and how to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
What personal information we collect and use?
We will treat all your personal details as confidential and we will only process this information in the circumstances set out below. We will keep it on a secure server and we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act') in relation to the use of your personal data. When you register on this Website, or make a purchase, we will collect personal details from you such as your name, email address, username, password, telephone number, billing and delivery address(es) and payment details. In case of wholesale customers we will collect additional data about their company. In this document personal data refers both to individual and company information given to us. We may also collect, and our third-party providers may collect, information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, any advertisements you may have clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website.
We confirm that any personal details which you provide to us and any user information, from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration no. ZA159781). For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is Given by Nature Ltd, 14 New Oak Road, N2 8LN, UK
What is the purpose of processing your personal information?
1) fulfilling your orders
2) maintaining your registration
3) for statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you
4) to serve website content to you
5) to administer this Website
6) to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
You can subscribe or unsubscribe at any time by updating your account preferences.
Who do we share your personal information with?
• Transport/Courier companies
• Payment service providers
• Accounting/bookkeeping companies
• Business partners in connection with administration of the website
We will not release your personal details to any company outside of the Given by Nature Ltd except in a limited range of circumstances where it may be necessary to disclose information to public authorities, including judicial authorities.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. In general, we will keep your data for the duration of our relationship with you and for a certain period afterwards. In considering how long we keep it, we take into account the nature of the information, the nature of the relationship with you, the relevance of the information, and our obligations to comply with applicable laws and regulations. The longest we hold any personal data is 4 years after your last order. After that time we anonymise any data that we hold for the purpose of accounting records or business analysis.
How do we protect your data?
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure by working on secure servers and maintaining strict access control. You have been given (or have chosen) password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our legal basis for processing personal data
We process customer data where it is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of zijaonline.co.uk, these include:
• operating networks and systems to allow us to securely sell and supply our goods
• processing and analysing data to get a more informed picture of our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
• using this insight to help us enhance the products and services we offer our customers
• to better understand how customers interact with our websites to help us improve the functionality and content of our customer’s online experience
• promoting, marketing and advertising our services and determining the effectiveness of these campaigns to help us improve the relevance of our communications to our customers
• protecting customers, team members and other individuals and maintaining their safety and welfare
• handling customer contacts, queries and complaints
• protecting our website, our team members and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to ziajaonline.co.uk
• preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
• handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against ziajaonline.co.uk
• complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
• fulfilling our duties to our customers and our team members
When we process you data we ensure that we always take account your rights and any positive/negative impact on you.
Subject to some exemptions, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• right to access
• right to portability
• right to rectification
• right to erasure
• right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
• right to object to direct marketing
• right to restriction
• right to complain with ICO
This policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.